The UAG conducts its activities on the principles of legitimacy and publicity according to the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine ‘On Public Associations’, other current legislation of Ukraine and international law relating to the scope of its activities, the Statute and internal documents of the organization.
In pursuit of performing its mission according to its ideology, the UAG executes its activities in the following areas:
- Providing legal and social protection, representing legally protected interests, protecting and enhancing the civil, social, copyright and related rights of its members
- Developing proposals for the legislative support of geological-prospecting provision and state policies in the field of natural resources management and submitting them for the consideration of the public authorities;
- Developing socially oriented programs and being involved in their implementation of state and local authorities, organizations and enterprises of all forms of ownership;
- Introducing and promoting new technologies in the processes of prospecting, exploring and extracting minerals in order to optimize them;
- Promoting geological science and practice development, the study and use of mineral resources, the multiplication of mineral resources, their protection and reproduction based on the achievements of science and technology, and the development of the national geological school;
- Drafting laws regarding the independent public scientific and technical and economic expertise and drafting programs for mineral resources management, the use and protection of mineral resources, research programs, exploitation and inventions;
- Enhancing the professional consolidation of scientists and specialists working in the field of geology and related industries, increasing the prestige of professions connected with geological study and the use of mineral resources and geological environment protection;
- Facilitating international cooperation in the field of geology, developing relations with the scientific and engineering community of foreign countries, integrating Ukrainian geologists in the global professional and scientific community, and participating in international geological associations, scientific forums and conferences.
Moreover, the UAG organizes and conducts various scientific, educational, social and environmental activities, cooperates with state and local authorities and business structures, and establishes public contact with intergovernmental and international companies.
As a professional institution of civil society, its activities contribute to the effective, balanced and sustainable use of natural resources and environmental protection. The Association initiates and supports new forms of mobilization of all stakeholders’ efforts—state, business, science and education, and community. Such mobilizations are created as platforms are being adjusted with effective network communication between all the participants of projects on the use of natural resources, and hubs uniting consumers and suppliers of services and production for implementation of such projects.
In particular, the Association has initiated the creation of an international platform ‘The Implementation of the Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement Standards on the Effective and Balanced Use of Natural Resources’. The UAG is a partner of the TUTKOVSKY International Hub of Natural Resourcessince its foundation in 2015.
The Association has a registered logo, as well as signs with the logo image.